The SVMV is creating a new membership option for 2019.
The option of becoming an Extraordinary member makes it possible for interested publishers, who do not (yet) satisfy the requirements of an Ordinary member to nevertheless still gain access to the association. This means that access can be provided to the knowledge of a large group of people and the interests of these publishers are also represented to the industry and the outside world.
Ordinary members (OM)
- As an OM, companies working in the music industry can join if their interests are chiefly those of a music publisher
- Documents such as the following can be used for registration: HR excerpt, catalogues, publication examples, membership of SUISA (Swiss Cooperative Society for Authors and Publishers), SwissPerform etc.
- OM applications are to be approved by the Managing Board
- OMs pay the full annual membership, which is fixed every year by the general meeting
- OMs have the right to vote
Extraordinary members (EOM)
- EOM can be foreign publishers with SUISA membership, artists and producers, who publish their own works, publishers without their own publishing activities or other interested parties associated with the publishing industry
- EOM applications are to be approved by the Managing Board
- EOMs pay an annual membership fee of ¾ of that of an ordinary member
- EOMs do not have the right to vote
Committee members (CKM)
- Any person with an interest in music publishing can apply to the Managing Board to work for the SVMV on an honorary basis
- CMs are appointed by the Managing Board
- CMs benefit from the network, know-how and relevant activities of the SVMV in the (music) publishing market of Switzerland
- CMs do not pay any membership fees, unless they are also an OM or EOM of the SVMV at the same time
- CM have the right to vote within the committee, but not in the Managing Board, or the general meeting, unless they are also an OM or EOM at the same time
Members of the Managing Board (MB)
- OMs can be elected to the Managing Board and in special cases also EOMs (see Articles of Association)
- MBs pay the membership fee in accordance with their membership category
- MBs work for the SVMV on an honorary basis, but special expenses can be reimbursed by the association after a prior resolution by the Managing Board